Friday, July 24, 2015

Splash Layout

     Welcome back to another Scrapping Our Stash blog hope.  I'm so excited to be participating two months in a row, and honestly my paper just made the qualification since the new releases started coming out last week.
You should have arrived here from Laura's blog...didn't she have an awesome project!
     My project was inspired by a Sketch~N~Scrap sketch with the twist of old/vintage photos.  I didn't have any vintage photos, but the ones I am using are from when our son was about 18 months...he's now about 4 months away from being five!
     The paper is from Carta Bella's Soak up the Sun collection.  The green washi has been in my stash for years and the orange is from Freckled Fawn.  I used some modeling paste for the stars and some other random Freckled Fawn embellishments.  
    I know there is a large journalling area on this page, which is not like me, but there was actually a large story I wanted to remember about these photos.  The title is some Doodlebug chipboard letters.  I love them, but they have been sitting in my stash for quite sometime since they are so big.
    You also may have noticed that the upper left corner looks a little wonky. I promise that is not due to a bad photo, but will be part of the memory now.  I was playing catch  with our son with a soft ball in the basement and wouldn't you know he managed to knock a glass of water all of over my scrap desk!  I thought about re-doing the layout and then thought...nah....I'll just add some journalling to the back and it will be part of the memory!
  Now I send you off to Audrey's blog to see what amazing creation she has for us this month.  Until next time...Keep scrapping!

12 comments:

  1. What a fun layout and
    great stories with it!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout - and I love that divided page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable photos and a lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet pics! Love the alphas. Thank you so much for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page! I love the stars and that you did so much journaling to tell this story! So awesome that you have another story about the page itself that you shared on the back!!!Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the two toned title and the fun arrows on your page! Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this layout!!! Your title is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute page and those photos are adorable! Love your embellishments and the stars...I must try modeling paste! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Layout! What adorable photos. Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap. :)

    ReplyDelete