Sunday, June 21, 2015

Monster Jam

So I've had my eye on the creative kit from My Creative Scrapbook for a couple months now.  Last week they had a promotion that if you signed up you received a free Julie Nutting doll stamp and prize pack.  Well that was enough that it tipped me over the edge.  What I really liked was you could sign up for two months as a trial.  I have signed up previously for kits that require a six month commitment and after two months of lousy kits realized I was stuck.  I like have the chance to try these first.  
My first kit came yesterday, and I dove right in.  I will have an open box going on on you tube shortly if you want to see what all was in the kit.  It was jammed packed of things that matched!  That was my frustration with a previous kit club...you got bits and pieces from this and that collection/designer and nothing really matched anything else.  This could all be used together. The kit also came with a copy of the monthly sketch from their blog called My Creative Sketches, which is what I used for the layout below.  The paper is from the kit and is part of the Bella Blvd Color Chaos collection.  The orange dots are modeling paste mixed with pearl pen and put through a Tim Holtz stencil.  The embellishments come from various companies including Freckled Fawn, Doodlebug, Queen & Co and Stampin' Up.
I don't usually work on black, but I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone.  It will definitely take some getting used to.  How do you think it came out?  Until next time...Keep Scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. A really cute page. Thanks you for playing along at MCS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! so Happy you joined and got a kit subscription you will love them... Thanks for playing with My Creative Sketches..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout, I had that kits before and I think I shall go back, always good kits. Sorry for I miss the free promotion!

    ReplyDelete