Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October SSIB Reveal - Football and Pocket Page Layouts

Hi everyone - welcome to Lyne's October reveal.  I was blessed to be inspired by both of our photos this month.  The first photo reminded me of Thanksgiving/Fall.  

Every Thanksgiving our local high school football team (where I attended) plays a game against the team across the river (where my husband attended).  We go every year Thanksgiving morning and these photos are from the first year we took our son.  He was a year old here.  We wanted to take him from the time he was born, but he was five days old and it was snowing the first year...not a good combo.  I don't know why the bottom comes across cream.  The whole page is white, but in every photo I took it came out cream :-(  I used a sketch from Queen & Co. to get me started on this layout.  

Challenge:
Paper Issues - Fall


The second photo had several different blocks to choose inspiration from.  
 The blocks inspired me to try a pocket page.   I used cards from Fancy Pants Be Different collection to make a page about our son getting all his baby curls cut off.  This is my first time photographing a pocket page, and boy was the glare awful...haha.  I also have to dig out the exact date to fill in the right pocket card.



Thanks for joining us and can't wait to see what you create!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE the scrapbook layout! The colors are FANTASTIC and totally eye catching! And your pocket page is SOOOO cute with your precious little one front and center! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica - I used red and black since that is our high school's colors.

      Delete
  2. Great Job on both layouts! I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Good luck in all you do!

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much La-Vie. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie B's Creative Designs here. I LOVE your Thanksgiving Football game that your family gathers to every year!! What an inspiration for your family!!!!! BL

    ReplyDelete