Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Child's Play Challenge - Flintstones

Welcome to another reveal for Child's Play Challenges.  This time we needed to use the TV show the Flintstones for our inspiration. I watched re-runs of the show occasionally as a child, but not enough to have toys or pictures for the challenge.  I do remember the episodes focusing mainly on the father (Fred) so I chose to do a layout for photos of my wonderful husband.    Unfortunately, I thought I had another week and my photos weren't ready in time to place in the layout.  The layout will hold three 3.5 x 5 portrait photos.
     I used a sketch from Paper Secrets, and their CAMP challenge.  You have to use something on your layout starting with each of the letters.  C  = cork chevrons. A = Antique Linen distress ink to color the tag and a tiny sticker Alphabet to spell father.  M = mist in two colors dropped in both corners. P = patterned paper by Echo Park and Fancy Pants.
     The tag, twine and star actually all started out white, and I used distress ink to color them.  The tag is Tim Holtz Antique Linen and the twine and star are Vintage Photo.  I wanted to highlight this to show you can use your current stash on many layouts without having to go buy more.  Just have to think outside the box a little bit.  
     I hope you have some fond memories of the Flintstones and will create a layout to join us.  Link up by August 31st.  Until next time...Keep Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment