Friday, July 5, 2013

Mom's Birthday Card

     My Mom's birthday is June 24th, but with Dad's on July 4th and Faith's on July 3rd we did one large get together this year.  As the cost of cards has gotten ridiculous (the new Hallmark line is $7 - $12!) I've taken to trying to use my supplies and make my own.  
    Mom's favorite color is red, but I didn't have any accent paper that didn't come out looking like a red, white and blue 4th of July card.  I decided to use the color she wears most of the time...navy.


    I used Bazzil cardstock for the Navy and Cream.  The stamp is Triple Treat Flower by Stampin' Up.  I also used the matching Stampin' Up punches, but gosh if I remember their names now.  The ink color is Brilliant Blue.  I really like how it came out.  It's pretty, but not over frilly if that makes any sense at all. Oh, I also did a top fold card just for something different.  
     I really need to find some more of the blue ribbon. I think I've used in in three projects lately.  It's actually not crafting ribbon, but was wrapped around a blanket that my friend Anita gave M when he was born.  Funny - it's my favorite ribbon and the blanket is M's favorite too.
   Have you been making your cards due to the increased prices?

Challenges:
Stacy H-W's July Cards Challenge
Sister Act Card Challenge #14




1 comment: