Friday, May 24, 2013

Washi Tape Layout

     I had never used washi tape before, and recently purchased some to try.  A friend then started a new challenge blog, and it paired perfectly with the new roll so I had an excuse to play with my new goodie.  Like we ever need an excuse though!
   Stacia's ScrapStuffz "Inspired By" Challenges blog had three images to use for inspiration. 
     1. The first image had circles. This inspired me to add circle buttons as the center of my star stickers.  I like the depth it added to my page.  The buttons are hard to see in the photos. 
     2. The second image was stars...hence the star stickers and the stars in the baby title.
     3.  The third image had diagonal stripes, and that's where my new washi tape came in.  I mounted it on white paper in the first picture to make it really pop and left it opaque in the second.  I liked using the two applications so that they matched, but weren't identical.
     I don't know what happened, but my phone photos have been really crappy lately. I didn't have this problem before...maybe it's time for an upgrade! If I can get better pictures I'll update the blog as these turned out really cute in person. 
    What new goodies or blogs have you been lovely lately?

4 comments:

  1. really cute pages! I really like how you used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! I have so much of it and never use it. Yo9u did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of this cutie patootie!!!

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww...that's so sweet of you! We're very lucky he's fairly photogenic, and can you believe he still has that puppy in bed every night.

      Delete